Monday, September 21, 2009

There's four sides to every story

4-Way Narrative: HBO's Video Cube Installation

The difference between cable and network TV these days is cable really tries. It's an effort that extends past their programming and into their marketing. The HBO cube is an installation that tells the same story from four different perspectives. Viewers can see the plot of one story revealed in many ways.

The effort was created by BBDO and Barbarian Group and features an online component as well as an outdoor one. I love this idea for two reasons. First off, I think advertising for entertainment should tell a story. Secondly, I love advertising that engages the public. I would stop in my tracks and watch this. And if my internet wasn't in such a sad state, I would spend some time on HBOImagine.com playing around with it.

4-Way Narrative: HBO's Video Cube Installation

VIA
PSFK

No comments:

Post a Comment